Sunday, February 26, 2012

Can dogs have ADD? I have to slow my dog down.?

I understand dogs can be hyper/excited when playing but my dog seems to be....I don't know how to expain it. Kinda like when a kid is at Chucky Cheese and playing in the play area. I have to slow her down. It seems not to be a normal playful. It is anytime she is playing or eating.Can dogs have ADD? I have to slow my dog down.?
No, dogs can NOT have ADD.. or ADHD.. or any other human related mental illness..Can dogs have ADD? I have to slow my dog down.?
Excitement is weak energy in the dog world, weak energy is reactive energy or unthinking behaviour, often people encourage this behaviour by throwing a ball or running off lead ( this has a place but not to calm a dog down) you need to lead walk, so he is training and socilialising, experiencing what is around him ( thinking mode), teach tricks ( thinking/learning mode) and also look at the dog food and treats you feed, ones with cereal contents, colours and preservatives are not good and make dogs hyper, just like feeding kids cheap burgers and fizzy pop, so yes they are simular to ADD....my 'past' career was as a behaviourist dealing with children and young people with hyperactivity and processed food/ activity relatedCan dogs have ADD? I have to slow my dog down.?
dog trainer 30 plus years -

I have to laugh when I read your question because I tell my clients all the time any dog under the age of 2 can have what I call doggy ADD. There are so many senses that dogs have, smell being a major one. Like when we smell stew we say "Oh, that smells good" when they smell stew they can smell each individual ingredient. They have hyper sense of hearing as well. All of these things peek a dogs interest and it is magnified when they are pups and have a lack of "self control" when they are enjoying life. I think the best thing for dogs/or pups like this is to keep them well exercised by walking at a good pace...then work on training after they have slowed down some. Even walk then have them "practice playing" at a slower pace. I walk an average of 20 miles a day because of this fact...and it really helps them a lot.

Your question was an excellent one!Can dogs have ADD? I have to slow my dog down.?
Nope,but millions are owned by weak negligent kids who can't...won't?...TRAIN %26amp; DISCIPLINE; abdicate that responsibility %26amp; blame the animal for their failures.
yes they can but this is vary rare

No comments:

Post a Comment