Monday, February 20, 2012

Which day is better for a 4 year old's Birthday Party.?

My (soon to be) 4 year old son's birthday will fall on a Thursday. He is looking forward to a party at Chucky Cheese...you know, over priced pizza, lots of games and running around inside. I was planning to have his party early on the Sat. following his actual date but I am in class all day Sat. I thought about moving it to Sunday 11am. (11-12 ish isn't so busy at this place) but I'm worried that people might not come because it's on a Sunday. Should I miss class and have it on Sat. Try for Sunday and hope that it doesn't offend anyone I invite that it could interfere with church or...have his dad take the day off work and try for Friday after Preschool?Which day is better for a 4 year old's Birthday Party.?
I vote for Sunday, maybe a little later in the afternoon, but before the place gets crammed. Even if the turnout is smaller due to the day, your son will still have fun running about and playing with whomever shows up. Chucky Cheese is little kid paradise! Not to mention that few of us have a particularly vivid memory of our 4th birthdays, so making a few adjustments to make things easier on you and your husband's schedules is not likely to be noticed by your son as long as he has fun!



Good Luck and Congratulations to your little one!Which day is better for a 4 year old's Birthday Party.?
Sunday is fine! I would try to make it later in the day because of the church thing....
I have my sons parties on Sunday after church. It is cheaper and less crowdedWhich day is better for a 4 year old's Birthday Party.?
tuesday
I would do Sun. afternoon or evening, after church.Which day is better for a 4 year old's Birthday Party.?
Sunday is fine hun. I would just push the time back a bit. It may interfere with people going to church.
Sunday should be fine. I would just have it around one or two instead. Saturday is a little easier for people to show up on though.
Call a few of the other kids parents and ask them if they will show up on Sunday.
Well, you could always have his party the weekend after his birthday. Like instead of this week, do it next week. That's how it was a lot of the time when I was in elementary school. Someone would have a birthday but their party would be the week before or the week after. You could still have it this Sunday though, surely people would still come.
I would actually recommend later on Sunday since some people attend church until that time. Sunday is fine. I had many of my birthday parties on Sunday.
Sunday, some time in the afternoon, so that it doesnt interfere with oversleepers, and gives enough time for people in church to do their church thing and then get ready for the party and things like that.
I would say a Sat. a lot of people don't work on Sat. and Sundays are very busy days!Good luck and I hope he has a Great 4th birthday!!!
I'd go for Sunday afternoon. Have fun!!!
Having the party on his actual birthday will be fine as long as you give everyone good notice. Thursday will not be too crowded a the Cheese's ! Saturday is going to be really busy!!
try sunday but wait till 1:00 church are done with their thing by then and can have it till 3:30 or 4:00 then they still have time to get ready for night services if they go.
any day but Fri and Sat....the worst days ever!! Try late in the evening on Sunday about 3 or 4 pm. That way people who are fashionable can bring their kids on time. And it won't be so hot.
Well looks like your in a tough decision. I would let him go thursday and you have your class on Saturday.....
If you want all his friends to be there and get lots of gifts you should have it on saturday morning. Almost everyone is off and the little guys will love to have a good time with your son. You don't have to have it at chucky cheese. you could always have a theme at a park. Plus I think you could only spent an hour at chucky cheese after that is clean up time and you are own your own.
Maybe Sunday at 1pm would work, its after most churches let out and at lunch time, I'm sure what ever you decide it will be a wonderful day.
How about ON his birthday? If he has pre-school, you can go after. And his friends from pre-school can be picked up, with him, and go also. Have the parents of his friends pick them up at a set time at Chucky Cheese. This way, when the party is done, so are you. (At least, with the party!)
If any of the other parents are friends of yours then ask them,otherwise do it Sunday but not 11 or 12....some people go to church and some just want to sleep in on their day off.
I would have to miss class for this. Sunday is probably not a good day to have a birthday party simply because of church. Friday is still a work day and most people will be working and not able to take there kids. So Saturday is def. your best pick.
If the group you are planning to invite isn't too large, you could probably get a feel for what would work best for them by asking before you set the details. You have to be the one to decide whether you can skip school and Dad has to decide whether he can take off work. I know you'll find a solution. Good for you for doing something nice for your boy!
I always celebrate my Kids Bday parties on the exact day.. I want to celebrate the occasion.. I believe moving parties for weekends, since they are little it doesn't make them feel special because it is not the right day. Darn Can't even explain what I mean.. If you can explain a 3 year old hey your Bday is today but we are waiting to cut you a cake on Sunday.. then go ahead and celebrate couple days later. Good Luck!!
I think you could afford to miss a class since it's for your son's birthday party. See if your instructor will understand. school is important, but the memories he'll have and knowing Mommy made the party happen will really feel good, for the both of you. Get his dad to take off too so he can help. a four yr. olds birthday party can get hectic. I know from personal experience, but the memories make it worthwhile.
Saturday is good for most every body because that is the day when people fit in the things that they can't get to during the week. If at all possible do Saturday.People will feel less imposed upon. See about making up the class, if it is feasible.

Sunday makes you have to kind of crowd things together. People go to church and usually don't want to think of doing anything after but rest at home or have a nice dinner with the family and all.
Sunday would be fine. I've had parties on Sunday, less crowded.
Yes, have it on sat. or see when the majority of the kids can make it.
  • pro comp
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment