Monday, February 20, 2012

Every week, I check our local "Crime Watch Bulletin" & EVERYTIME a purse has been stolen from a car. Why?

I really don't understand why women choose to leave their purses in their cars in a parking lot only to have them stolen. Just today, I read of another incident whereby a car window was broken and a thief made off with a woman's purse. It seems it's usually outside of a bar or a health club. But today, it was outside of a kid's Chucky Cheese restaurant. I, personally, have never left my purse in a car, and if I did, I'd tuck it under the seat and out of sight. What do you people think?Every week, I check our local "Crime Watch Bulletin" %26amp; EVERYTIME a purse has been stolen from a car. Why?
I agree that it's a very bad idea. I think women who leave their purses in plain sight feel that, hey, my car is locked- nobody will take the time to break in. Wrong! I was at a local mall a couple of weeks ago and was parked on the second level of the parking structure. There were a TON of cars, lots of traffic, both foot and vehicle and it was the morning. There is also, always, a very strong security presence in the parking area, both car and foot patrols. In spite of all that, when I came out to get in my car, there were mall security people all over two vehicles one row over from my car- both vehicles had the driver's side windows smashed out. Apparently, if someone wants something badly enough, NOTHING is going to stop them.Every week, I check our local "Crime Watch Bulletin" %26amp; EVERYTIME a purse has been stolen from a car. Why?
Perhaps someone is collecting purses in your neighborhood?
I think if you're smart, you'll either leave your purse at home or take it with you. and if a guy does come after you for your purse? throw it in the other direction and run. most likely, he doesnt want you. Oh-another thing. Stop obbsessing! Things like that arent worth obbsessing over. Whatever happens, happens. Life. Goes. On. Nobody has any choice but to go on with it, right?Every week, I check our local "Crime Watch Bulletin" %26amp; EVERYTIME a purse has been stolen from a car. Why?
women huh! i dont know why people leave things on show in cars, tough lesson!
the same reason women leave their purses on or in their unlocked desk drawers. they just don't want to carry them.Every week, I check our local "Crime Watch Bulletin" %26amp; EVERYTIME a purse has been stolen from a car. Why?
I agree. It is silly. But as a woman who frequently does this, I would provide this as an explanation:



Women have it pretty tough; we are expected to be cute, work, and be a mother. For some of us, even the burden of carrying around a purse, at times, is cumbersome. To cut down on those much-needed "seconds" even, popping one's purse down on the seat does the trick.



Running in the store or visiting a friend for a few? Pop it down.



Moreover, instead of carrying a whole purse into a nightclub, just pop your license and visa in your pocket and go; pop the purse on the seat!



Like I said, this is not smart - but quick.
Dumb broads, what can I say. Someone should show them where the trunk is.

No comments:

Post a Comment