Thursday, February 23, 2012

I have a toddler who will not go into play tunnels...why is this?

We went to chucky cheese the other day...and I went with one of my friends who has a 4 year old and a little boy who is a month older than my son. My son will be 2 in Dec. Anyways, while we were there all of the other kids went into these play tunnels, but my son would not go whatsoever...he wanted nothing to do it. Also, this chucky swing that goes around a clock..he freaked out when we put him in it...why is he freaking out so much....is it because he is so caucious?I have a toddler who will not go into play tunnels...why is this?
I am not sure why, your son is like this. You could make a tunnel at home all you need is some boxes and open them up put them together with some tape so it will hold and show him he may not want to and that is fine it was home made or you could go out and buy one the.

we have a 1 year old and we have a tunnel and he goes in it but he will not go in the tunnels at like fast food places he will go though the one at the park and i think that it may because they are short and not connected to each other

All kids are different he will when he wants to you cant push him and if you push he may not like that

try your best to help him come over this fear that he has then go back to Chucky cheese and try it again when he is a little older then he may like it

I would make him a tunnel though or get one and try with that

I do hope that this will help you

Good LuckI have a toddler who will not go into play tunnels...why is this?
Two year olds really aren't that cautious. He's a little too young to enjoy those kinds of things, especially if he's far away from mommy.
He may have had a bad experience or he might be claustrophobicI have a toddler who will not go into play tunnels...why is this?
My son is pretty timid, too. Don't worry about it - don't force him into anything he doesn't want to do, and he'll eventually get comfortable with it and go in on his own.
maybe claustrophobic? My daughter is almost 4 and isn't a fan of those tubes either.I have a toddler who will not go into play tunnels...why is this?
I have home movies of me FREAKING out and throwing a fit at Chucky Cheese when I was about 3 or 4 because I was scared of Chucky. I think it's a pretty natural feeling to be scared of things you've never been around. He could be afraid of where those tunnels will lead or what will happen to him if he goes on that ride. He'll grow out of it...I turned out alright. LOL
maybe he has a case of chlostophobia. as a young child, i wasn't able to go in tunnels or play in ball pits in fear of getting stuck in them.
sometimes play areas look too intimidating if its big and bright.

he may just enjoy smaller play areas instead of a tunnel which he may not understand that its a slippery slide but enclosed.

i wouldnt be concerned as he is still young but as he gets older he will grasp the excitement of it all.

over stimulation to play can have an opposite effect to some children.
It's new and scary...my son doesn't like to go upside down...it got to the point where he wouldn't even get a piggy-back-ride for fear that the person might put him upside down....children are allowed to be scared of new things...at least that's how I feel...so I just explain how things really aren't all that scary and I wait for him to grow out of it...it'll happen, one day he'll forget he's supposed to be scared of the tunnels and he'll just run gleefully in one after his friend. He'll work it out on his own...just be patient and kind and loving and don't force it or he'll keep that fear for a long time. Hope this helps.
babies have a sixth sense about alot of things. if i were you i wouldnt force him to do it. He is still a little guy as he gets older he will have more confidence to tackle big black holes. those tunnels are scary to the little folks
its normal. they are just afraid of the unknown...or new things they haven't yet experienced. it can take a while for them to get used to. my daughter loves playing in the bath and in the pool but it took me forever to get her used to a slip and slide. go figure!
I remember when I used to babysit and one of the girls seemed to be scared of everything, Even tunnels at the park. So I decided that I would make a tent with blankets and chairs and we had a snack and some toys in it. But make sure you all get in, to let him know it really can be fun! Good luck and best wishes
maybe hes claughstrophobic or just doesnt like them lol . i had some things i didnt really want to play on when i was a little kid lol or maybe hes scared where they are going .. another possiblity is was it rainy ?? maybe he didnt want to get wet! or he could just not be ready for it !! dont force him!! hell learn how on his own



HOPE HTIS HELPED!!



---EMILY %26lt;3
Don't worry. It isn't an indication of anything besides he doesn't like play tunnels.
Perhaps he is just insecure, my daughter was two and would not ride anything at Chucky Cheese but she later grew out of it. I also think it could be the transition from one to two because my youngest who is almost two would ride everything and now she runs the other way. Just give him time and don't push it, he will ask all on his own.
Of course he is being cautious. Some toddlers are like that and others not. My son is the same way. He might not be 2 yet but he's not an infant. I wouldn't worry. Kids (especially toddlers) change so much in such a short time. See it as something good, that he is cautious and just does not want to do anything that could get him hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment