Monday, February 6, 2012

Parents: Son's first birthday- Should we take him to the Children's Museum or Chucky Cheeses?

So Chase's birthday is in a couple of weeks. My husband and I are in disagreement about where we should have his birthday. I want to take him to the Boston Children's Museum because they have exhibits specifically designed for his age- like a padded Play space and a huge toy kitchen area with toy foods, toy shopping carts, and toy cash registers. My husband thinks we should do it at Chucky Cheese's but I want Chase to have a blast on his first birthday and I think Chucky Cheese's is more for older kids than babies/toddlers.



As a parent, if you had to choose between the Boston Children's Museum and Chucky Cheese's which would you pick and why?Parents: Son's first birthday- Should we take him to the Children's Museum or Chucky Cheeses?
I would pick the museum. We recently went to a small, local museum and it had a replica log cabin with fake food and it was appropriate for my 2-year-old girls and they loved it.



Also, I wouldn't take my kids to Chuck E Cheese probably ever. All they serve is greasy pizza, and the arcade games are mindless and expensive while the prizes are very cheap.Parents: Son's first birthday- Should we take him to the Children's Museum or Chucky Cheeses?
I would pick the Childrens Museum! Kyle and I took Jarrett to one when we were in Memphis and he loved it. He was a little young, but he still had the best time. I think its better than Chucky Cheese's any day and plus there will be more for him to do that is age appropriate and they will have a gift shop so that's also a bonus since its his birthday.
NO CHUCKIE CHEESE...There is NOTHING for his age but maybe couple things and he might even be to small for that. My daughter is 3 and she just runs around and pretends to play on games she does not know how to play. I feel they should have more geared towards younger ones but I know what your are talking about because I took my class to a childrens museum and they LOVED it and they had something for all ages up to 10.Parents: Son's first birthday- Should we take him to the Children's Museum or Chucky Cheeses?
I would pick the Children's Museum. Chuck E. Cheese's is very loud and targets older children who are running crazy through the place. As he gets older, believe me, he will beg to go there and they do a reasonable job of entertaining the 4-8 year old set. I'd say to save Chuck E. Cheese's for a few years.
Chuck E. Cheese is like a giant arcade. Lots of games like at a carnival. There is nothing there for infants except an underpaid teenager in a cheap rat suit, and that might frighten the child.



If the museum has age appropriate play areas, that is the better choice.Parents: Son's first birthday- Should we take him to the Children's Museum or Chucky Cheeses?
Boston Children's Museum.



When my 8 yo was younger he was more (and still is) interested in educational things and not so much into chuck e cheese... I think it's because we exposed him to things like the museum of natural history and lots of documentaries.
Boston Children's Museum.



Chuck E. Cheese is for older kids. They usually have a toddler area and a human habitrail, but they are small areas unlike the Children's Museum.
Boston Museum for sure it seems fun i have taken all my children to chuck-E-cheese for their birthdays and their is always a lot of bigger kids
Boston Children's Museum
Definitely the museum, it sounds awesome!
i think chase will love either one of them take him t chunch n cheese and see how he do and then the next day take chase to the children museasm
The Boston Children's Museum would be my pick. Chuck E. Cheese is geared towards older kids.
Definitely the museum.
Chucky Cheese is kind of loud and overwhelming for a 1 year old baby.Go to the museum.
I totally agree with you!! Go to the museum! Sounds like a lot of fun!! =)
Between the two, I would choose the museum. I honestly find it pointless to do anything other than a small cake on a small child's birthday because they aren't really going to remember much of it later on down the line. I didn't do a lot for my kids up until they turned 3. I think three is about where memories stick the longest. My son, like I mentioned another time, loved the "Handy Dandy Notebook" that he got for his third birthday.



I still remember MY third birthday. We were at my granddad's house, and the news was on, and some guy with long hair and funny round glasses had just been killed.(December 8, 1980-John Lennon was killed. I was born 1977.)

No comments:

Post a Comment