Monday, February 13, 2012

Why do people with kids say that people without kids are somehow missing out?

Personally, I HATE kids and I don't understand why people with kids always try and pawn off their false happiness on those of us who are smart enough to stay away from the whole procreation thing? I LOVE not having kids, I sleep as late as I want on weekends and if I want to go out I get ready and leave without having to find someone to pawn the brats off on. But my favorite thing about not having kids is all the extra cash I get to keep! Because I don't have kids, I get to retire early!





Also, I think the most annoying thing about kids is when parents take them out in public and let them interact with people! Theres nothing worse then some lazy a** parent letting their brat run around and bother people while they're trying to enjoy their time out...we're not there to entertain your kids people, thats why they openned McDonalds and Chucky Cheese. I don't pay 50 bucks a plate to hear some brat scream because they don't serve chicken fingers!!|||Totally agree. There is a woman on here who rants about the childfree. I think they're either jealous or trying to convince themselves they're happier.





I don't care so much about the extra money, what I love is that not having kids allows me to be selfish and do whatever the hell I want whenever the hell I want. It's just me and my hubby and I wouldn't have it any other way!!|||Wow! So mush passionate anger in your post. Where does that come from anyway?





Listen, no one says you have to have kids. It is a very personal decision and it sounds like everyone, especially you, may be a whole lot better off if you do not become a parent.





Personally, I felt a little like that myself. I could never understand why people thought thier kids were so darn cute. I used to suffer through the excrutiating moments as they flipped through the photo album of all thier kids pictures. Painful indeed.





However, I am now a single mom. It was not expected, actually kind of a medical miracle (without drugs or trying). Since having my son, I have learned what true love is. I also have much more tolerance for kids out there, but still get annoyed with ones that are not being properly brought up by thier parents. No child should run around disrespectfully and that is the parent's fault, not the kids.





My son is kind, well behaved, helpful and loving. I will work hard to see that he stays that way. And, I promise if I ever run into you in public, not to make you look at my photos of him :-)!!





Lastly, HATE is such a strong feeling toward anything, especially another human being. I really hope that softens a bit in time.|||I don't know but I am glad you don't have kids considering you are so immature that as an adult you feel a need to insulting people, cursing, and call them names.





I think I'll report your post though ;)|||Well...i totally get your point...I do have children BUT i do not take them to "nice"restaurants when i know it is going to be busy.


Kids have to learn how to behave in public and the only way to do that is to take them out. Taking a kid to Child friendly places (ie chuckey cheeses or McD's) only teaches them that it is okay to play at the place where you eat, so while you are preaching at parents to take their kids there, those places are part of teh problem.


All i can say is that i am sure you had your less than angelic moments as a child





as for the other things you mentioned...i wouldnt give my kids up if it meant i couls sleep in every day, never work again and have all the money in the world. I love my kids nad there isnt anything i wouldnt do for them|||Because they can't believe everyone else doesn't feel like they do. I have kids and I love them to death but I certainly don't expect others to want to have kids and I ESPECIALLY don't expect other people to love MY kids. Kids are wonderful, fulfilling, life changing, etc but they can also be a colossal pain in the rear and a huge drain on your finances and marriage. Not everyone is cut out to be a parent and if you're not, that's fine. Better you realize it now then bow to family or peer pressure, have kids and make them (and you) miserable.





A lot of parents get so defensive when they hear rants from the childfree folks but I don't. I think some of their observations are pretty funny and accurate. Child-haters are free to avoid my kids though, even dislike them, but if someone is rude or abusive to them, that's where I draw the line.|||All I can say to that is, I certainly hope you are not having sex with anyone! As a previous poster mentioned "precautions fail"." And it would be a tragedy for you to get pregnant when you have that attitude toward children. If you don't want children, that's fine, but you to harbor some real hostility. I do have to agree it would be very "smart " for YOU to stay away from the "whole procreation thing" because you clearly are not parental material. As for me, I have children and am truly happy with that decision. My happiness is not "false" as you insinuated it must be. Some people were meant to be parents and some just weren't.|||You are not really asking a question. You are venting. Whom are you trying to convince, the public or yourself? You hate children. Ok. So what? Can some parents be brain dead about how their children behave in public, absolutely, try going to a movie sometime. But most parents have spinal columns made of bone and know how to discipline and control their children, while providing them with plenty of love.


You have already stated all the lovely things you get to do that other women with children do not get to do....How do you know what they get to do and don't? You assume a great deal. I slept in on weekends when I wanted to, I knew how to handle a budget, I was able to save. I never pawned my children off on anyone, I never had to. Your retirement will have nothing to do with your children. It will have to do with how carefully you invest your retirement funds, and how wisely you spend and invest the money you have now. Try to remember something. Kids are children, they do not possess all the sophisticated social skills that adults are supposed to have, if they did, they wouldn't need parents. Can kids who are raised badly behave badly, yes. But there are far more that are fun, interesting, talented, witty young people who have a lot of cool thoughts and ideas and without whom, our world would be very dark indeed. You do realize that you were a child once yourself? Did your mother hate you?


Have a swell retirement.|||Watch out - those who say they never want to have kids are the ones who wind up getting pregnant when they least expect it! The ones with the brats who are screaming are the ones who didn't want kids and are now stuck with them because they weren't careful enough since they figured they were never going to get pregnant.|||WOW - you are harboring some serious hostility towards kids. I am guessing it probably has nothing to do with kids though.





To answer your question - i also never wanted kids, but have wound up pregnant. Being married and having a healthy relationship with my husband, even precautions fail. The only way to avoid a baby is abstinence i guess. But anyway, I think it's just a feeling of love you have for your child that is unexplainable. For instance - think of your neighbor or somebody you know who has an obnoxious dog - it barks all night and you swear you'll never let your dog do that. Well, you get a dog eventually and just fall head over heels in love with it - you tell people about the little personality your dog has and how smart it is and how cute it is - now, magnify that feeling of love and pride you have by a million. That's close to what you'll feel for your child. I think that is why people with kids think people without are missing out on something.





I haven't had my baby yet, but we feel a tremendous amount of love for it already and considering it was an unplanned pregnancy with us not wanting kids - it's amazing how much we actually do love it already.





We were planning on retiring early as well and actually we still are. Kids aren't as expensive as people think and people without kids will inevitably spend their money on something else instead of the kid anyway so it all kind of works out. If you just put a miminal amount of money away for the child each week from the day you find out you're pregnant, by the time the child is 18 you'll have a nice chunk of money saved that could pay for college or a car or something.





And for people have their kids out and about - it's like the dog situation again - you put up with a heck of a lot more with your own kids and pets b/c they are yours. That dog that barks all night, once it's yours you tend not to notice it as much as everyone else does.





I hope that makes some sense, but i have the feeling you weren't really looking for serious answers. but i had to chime in.|||If you don't want kids that's fine...if you do want kids that's fine too. It's all a personal decision. I don't think you're missing out if you don't have kids...you can still have a very fulfilling life.





It's all about what you want for yourself.





But just like you have strong feelings about not wanting kids, people have strong feelings/opinions on wanting children...there is not right or wrong though, just respect everyone's opinion.|||The grass is always greener on the otherside.....Or is it "Misery loves company.". hehehe|||Personally I don't understand why a woman would choose her life and career over becoming a mother. Anyway once you get old enough you'll wish you had had children. It may be before you die and then it'll be too late. That's my opinion. Sure kids drive everyone nuts at times especially the parents but that's how kids are supposed to be. So you want to discriminate against couples who have children by not letting them go out to eat in a restaurant once in a while just so people like you can enjoy your meal in peace? That's not fair at all. If you don't like kids then don't go to the park or the pool or the library. Not all kids are brats either. It's called toddler years. They are testing their limits with their parents. So do you act this way towards your mother? You should be grateful that she was willing to carry you and give birth to you because otherwise you wouldn't be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment